Saturday, October 18, 2008

Speed Business Analysis

.
I am doing some analysis consultancy at the moment for a huge organisation - you know the sort: a decision can't be made without having a working party determine if a workshop is needed to consider the possibility of putting "make a decision" on the agenda of the next "if all else fails have a meeting" sub-committee plenary session.

What is great is that having my own specific analysis framework to work to (regardless of the "method" or "approach" they take: bring on Agile UML with Lean JAD workshops!) means I just get on with getting the information I need to do the analysis.

And it's fun!

They get to do all the organsiational protocol stuff and I get to do the analysis. Ok, so early days yet and it could all go pear-shaped, but this kind of experience reminds me that the fundamentals of Business Analysis (when applied) cuts through the crap and gets to point far quicker than anything else.

Yup, Business Analysis speeds things up - not the usual perception for the profession!

.